February 1 here in SE Texas is great, spring weather one day and weather the next day. It is in the 60s this morning and we are due a cold front by Wednesday. Hope are of you effected by the snow and cold weather are safe and warm.
I have had a good month. First my birthday, then my granddaughter, Anna turned 16 on January 30th. We celebrated at a YRA youth rodeo in Edna, TX. She rides and competes in Pole Bending and Barrel Racing. She is doing really good.
She enjoy it and it very competitive. It is always fun to be able to go and watch her and all of the other youth ride. Mom even brought a cake to the rodeo to enjoy. A sweet 16 party will be next week end. Also, Deb. H, a moderator for Brookes Books yahoo group and her husband, Willie joined us at the rodeo. She had been an online friend of mine for several years and now I have got to meet her in person. We had a great visit and now we can say hello on line to someone we have met in person.
I did make progress on several of my WIPs in my rotation of 15. Here is my progress.
Framed Boots are for walking by Bobby G Designs. This was a birthday gift to my granddaughter
1. “May Calendar Girl Series-Littlehouse Needleworks
1. “Meg March” from Little Women-Brookes Books
1. “My House” #1 Hometown Holiday Series-Little House Needworks
1. “Texas, ropin’ and ridin’”–The 12 Days of Texas Christmas Series -Redbird Designs.
1. “Sleepy Kittens” – Sunset Kit-finishing stitching for Cheryl
1. Snowman and Friends Christmas Stocking – Gold Collection Kit
1. October Weather Poems-Sue Cook-Britian’s #1 Crossstitch Magazine-2000 issues
Here is Anna getting the horses really to ride in the rodeo.
see you next week