Followers

Sunday, July 22, 2018

Summer Update 2018

Good morning,
Hope all of you are staying cool this hot July Summer. Texas is also having a heat wave, 95+ during the days. It is a good time to stay inside and stitch. June slowed down somewhat for me and I have been able to stitch on several of my rotation pieces. I also finished a couple of projects.
I stitched "A Good Marriage"-Lizzie Kate for my daughter's wedding in Nov '18. I put charms instead of stitching in several places. She is a lover of horses and he is a fireman. The piece is now being framed by Michaels. 

I also finished stitching and created a Birthday card using
1.     “Hummingbird” August 2015 Newsletter freebie– Blueladie Designs
The following projects in my rotation of stitching that I have stitched on are:
1.     Christmas Animals – Heaven And Earth 
1.      “P” Pin Cushion - Stitcher’s  Alphabet – Brookes Books
 This is what the afghan looks like with letter A-O.
     July ”Larkspur ”  Flower Of The Month series– Ellen Maurer Stroh
      August Baseball Snowman- Snowman Series–Vermillion-
     November Weather Poems-Sue Cook-Britian’s #1 Crossstitch Magazine-2000 issues
      Snowman and Friends Christmas Stocking – Gold Collection Kit
      “August” Calendar Girl Series-Little House Needleworks 
     “Texas Yellow Rose”–The 12 Days of Texas Christmas Series -Redbird Designs.
 “Town Church” #6 Hometown Holiday Series-Little House Needleworks
      “July Wren” The Button Up Birdies #5- by Cathy Jean-The Victoria Sampler
     When Cardinals Appear – Blackberry Lane Designs
I enjoyed our semimonthly lunch with the Lamar Consolidated Class of '58, Texas
We are planning our 60th High School reunion to be held in Oct '18.
Our class still likes to get together. I think we all still a great looking both of "kids"
Have a great July, see you next month.
Joyce


5 comments:

Deb said...

Beautiful stitching Joyce!! Congrats to Deanna's upcoming wedding.

Donna P. said...

Enjoyed seeing your beautiful work - that's quite a rotation you have going.

Mary said...

Such a lovely keepsake for your daughters upcoming wedding. The charms is a lovely addition, how neat you found a ladder!!

You certainly have been busy stitching, you have quite a rotation, the Christmas animals is my favorite!

60th anniversary and it's amazing that so many still get together, I think that is amazing! You kids are looking great!

diamondc said...

Joyce: You have so many beautiful projects going, I love to see what you are up to.
Congratulations on the wedding couple how exciting planning a wedding.

Catherine

Astrids dragon said...

That will look wonderful when framed, I like your additions.
Great progress on your stitching, you certainly know how to keep busy!