Followers

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Weekly Update

I am finally finding time to set down and post my weekly update. Our Fort Bend County Fair started on Friday with a parade and then a rodeo that evening. Then on Saturday, went with my daughter to watch Anna ride with the Youth Rodeo Association in Gonzales, TX. Last evening was another rodeo that Anna rode in. She did well all around.
Now for my exciting news. I have entered my crossstitch for many years and only won blue and red ribbons. This year, I finally won a rosette for my Alphabet Samplings Book=With My Needle. More pictures of the others items entries later, but for now here is the rosette picture. Not very good of me, but you're looking at the crossstitch not me, right.
Also, here are pictures of my week's progress on WIPs and another ornament finished.
My granddaughter Anna is carrying the Texas Flag and my daughter, Deanna is next to her carried the Saint Luke's Hospital Flag, a sponer.

Here I am with the rosette and blue ribbon I won at the 2013 Fort Bend County Fair, Texas for my Alphabet Samplings Book-With My Needle

I also won 3 other blue ribbons and red and blue ribbons in the Holiday section, pictures to come.
 


"The Best Friends are Texas Friends" Redbird Designs
The Halloween House-Ursula Michaels
Ready to backstich another pumpkin, two to go and then the outline.

The Library-Littlehouse Needleworks

Pine Tree Inn Ornament-#6 2011 series-Littlehouse Needleworks

Redbirds-Marie Barber
The female cardinal is finished
Now more leaves, berries, flowers. and then the male cardinal.
 

Have a good week
Joyce

11 comments:

Rita said...

The Fair activities look like lots of fun for you and your family.

Congratulations on your stitching you entered!! Beautiful!

MaryT said...

Wow congrats on your wins!! Fair looks like a lot of fun.

Mary Louise in IN

cucki said...

Wow congrats for your win..
Sweet stitching x

Denise SA said...

Dear Joyce so glad you won a rosette you certainly deserve it

Deb said...

Congratulations all around! Well done and well earned rosette ribbon!
Anna and her mom look gorgeous atop their horses. Can see where Anna is carrying on family tradition!

Terri said...

Congratulations on your rosette!! You deserve it, that piece is gorgeous!!

Terri said...

Congratulations on your rosette!! You deserve it, that piece is gorgeous!!

Annie said...

Congratulations on your wins! You deserve it. Your stitching is beautiful.

SoCal Debbie said...

Congratulations on your rosette win and all the other ribbons! Your Halloween House is almost done! I just finished mine today. Red Birds looks so lovely now with a bird finished, can't wait to see the handsome male bird next!

Shaunterria said...

Congratulations on all of your ribbons, they are well-deserved! I love The Library - seeing yours is making me want to add to my stash now :)

--shaunterria--ca11i0pe.blogspot.com--

Kate said...

Congratulations on your prizes. Great progress on your wips.