Followers

Tuesday, May 23, 2017

May update

Happy Spring to all. We are starting the spring and summer season here in Texas. Mother's Day was celebrated with my daughter, grandson, and granddaughter and friends. We enjoyed dinner at Carrabra's Italian Restaurant. It was fun as always.


Most of you know I am a Texan, born and raised in Texas. I am one of many that have discovered and love the Redbird Designs for Cross Stitch. I have also found another stitcher that has the same love for cross stitch design. Stitches from The Heart Shop in San Antonio, Texas carries the designs.
Since Stitches from The Heart lost their website, the Redbird Designs have been hard to view. Therefore, Honeybee from the http://thecopperfox.blogspot.com/ has created a Redbird Design catalog. Several stitchers including me, have sent her pictures and you can now view the catalog on her blog. http://thecopperfox.blogspot.com/.
I have just stitched one of the new designs "Texas Impressions". I put it on a tote bag for a gift for a sorority sister. She had requested a bluebonnet cross stitched design from me.
This was my start:
 Texas Impressions - Redbird Designs 2017

This past month seems to have gone to quickly without a lot of stitching.
I have managed to stitch on a couple although.
    When Cardinals Appear – Blackberry Lane Designs
I love this design
     Sarah’s “S”-Jim Shore from the Book of Monograms
 I am stitching this for my niece who requested it in shades of Brown.
Texas summer is started to get a little warm, so inside or in the shade will mean more stitching time.
See you next Time.
Joyce
 
 

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Enjoyed your update. I made "When Cardinals Appear" for my mom for Christmas - enjoyed making it for her.
Love your tote!

Tiffstitch said...

Beautiful work, what a fantastic finish on the tote! Your friend will be so please with it. Great photos and thank you for the links.

Deb said...

Love your Texas designs! Beautiful stitching. Redbird is very difficult to find. Thank you for the link. Will go have a look see.

RJ said...

Hi Joyce! I love the bag you are making for your sorority sister. She is going to be thrilled when she sees it. I really like that Redbird Design a lot. I want to make a Texas pillow for our guest room and that may be the perfect design.

I'm also a big cardinal lover and can't resist a stitch that has one. And your monogram stitch is looking really good too. Great stitching! Have a great week and thank you for stopping by our new blog and becoming a follower. Mary and I really appreciate it RJ@stitchingfriendsforever2

blueladie said...

Nice post, Joyce. I love the tote bag you did for your sorority sister! It turned out lovely. :) Cathryn

KimM said...

Great stitching, you've been keeping very busy. Love the bag!!
xoxox

cucki said...

Great stitching..love your tote bag so much ..it's so pretty
Big hugs x

Honeybee said...

That bag is gorgeous, Joyce!

Mary said...

Hi Joyce, I recently saw the Redbird patterns on Copper Fox and had to add several to my wish list. Like RJ, I love cardinals and have to get this pattern. what a lovely gift your bag is, thanks for becoming a follower to our new blog, Mary

Desiree Ehleiter said...

The S for your niece is coming out beautifully. Love all your projects!