Followers

Sunday, January 22, 2017

A New Year of new beginnings with a blog update.

2017, a new year with new beginnings. January started with my birthday celebrations. Wow, I am now 77 and am blessed with good health, family and friends. My daughter, grandson, and granddaughter treated me to a nice dinner at Café Express.

January continued with lunch with my Lamar Consolidated High School class of '58 classmates and friends at Olive Garden. My class has a get to gather every other month.
I am even stitching this January, too. My daughter's friend is a firemen and has asked me to stitch something for him. I had What is a Fireman? Art Venture in my stash and so that is what I am stitching. His Birthday is Feb. 9th, wish me luck to finish it on time.
I have also put a few stitches in other WIPs in my rotation.
    Snowman and Friends Christmas Stocking – Gold Collection Kit
 “July” Calendar Girl Series-Little House Needleworks
 “Texas Cowboy Boot”–The 12 Days of Texas Christmas Series -Redbird Designs
      “Main Street Station” #2 Hometown Holiday Series-Little House Needleworks
        “April Robin” The Button Up Birdies #3- by Cathy Jean-The Victoria Sampler
     When Cardinals Appear – Blackberry Lane Designs
     Sarah’s “S”-Jim Shore My niece, Sarah found the picture of the W and asked me to stitch her a letter S. So I found the Jim Shore books of letters and am changing the color from red to shades of Brown.
     “Gingerbread Cookie” Ornament -#10  2012 Ornament Series-Littlehouse Needleworks
Thanks it for this time. Wishing lots of time for stitching and enjoying whatever life throws your way. Joyce
 
 
 
 

9 comments:

Deb said...

Great update! Wonderful get togethers with friends and family. Glad you had a great birthday. Beautiful stitching!

Unknown said...

Loved your update - I did When Cardinals Appear for my mom - she and dad loved them.
Your get togethers sound wonderful - a very special time.

Tiffstitch said...

Great progress on everything, and so nice that your niece wants you to stitch something for her. :)

blueladie said...

You are stitching some great pieces, Joyce! Love it. Love your sharing and update on your blog. :D Hugs & Prayers, Cathryn

Shelly said...

What is a Fireman looks great so far. You can do it! As always, nice progress on your WIPs. Happy Belated Birthday!

diamondc said...

Joyce: Wonderful stitching projects, wow so many things going on.
Wonderful photo of you and your family.

Blessings
Catherine

Astrids dragon said...

Happy Belated! You are blessed!
You have some great starts and plenty to keep you busy. The stocking is going to be adorable!

Desiree Ehleiter said...

Happy birthday! I am always amazed at how much progress you make on so many different projects. Everything is looking lovely.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Belated birthday wishes, Joyce. You are making good progress on your WIPs. I enjoy seeing your progress.