Followers

Sunday, August 28, 2016

Blog update with completed pieces.

The last two weeks here in Texas has been hot and rainy. This has been a good time to stay in and stitch. I have also gotten two more ornaments finished and my next snowman framed.
Here they are:
Santa Claus and Mrs. Santa Sled ornaments
Foxwood Crossings. 
     “Texas Bluebonnet”–The 12 Days of Texas Christmas Series -Redbird Designs.
 “Hot Cocoa” Ornament -#7   2012 Ornament Series-Littlehouse Needleworks
     July Cowboy Snowman- Snowman Series–Vermillion

Here is my progress on WIPs I stitched on:
“Main Street Station” #2 Hometown Holiday Series-Little House Needworks
       October  Weather Poems-Sue Cook-Britian’s #1 Crossstitch Magazine-2000 issues
Stitching the border and add the verse and it is finished.
       Snowman and Friends Christmas Stocking – Gold Collection Kit

        “July” Calendar Girl Series-Littlehouse Needleworks

       March House Finch The Button Up Birdies #3- by Cathy Jean-The Victoria Sampler

       “Jo  March” from Little Women-Brookes Books

  Thanksgiving 2014 Doodle Kitchen Towel-Blueladie

I have also won a couple of charts that are now in my to do stash.
Three Gables by The Cricket Collection
English Roses by Nora Corbert.

My Granddaughter, Anna, started her junior year. She is really growing up, still my sweet little girl.

Of course, we celebrated National Dog Day this past week
 
I also enjoyed a Beginning Day luncheon with my sorority (Beta Sigma Phi) ladies. We take the summer off and start again in August.
We are all very young at Heart.
That's is for this week. Have a wonderful week.
Joyce

 
 

11 comments:

Desiree Ehleiter said...

Wonderful progress on everything! I love the little sleds! Good luck to your granddaughter in her junior year.

Deb said...

Congratulations on your beautiful finishes! Lovely Anna! Great update!

Unknown said...

Love watching the progress of your projects. Your stitching is beautiful!
It's so nice you can get together with friends like these!

Faith... said...

Beautiful finishes Joyce! I love the snowman series. Your granddaughter is a beautiful young lady. Looks like you have many lifelong friends there!!

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Beautiful finishes, Joyce. I have some of the sled designs to stitch and seeing yours makes me think I must get them out.
You also have a lovely selection of WIPs.

Grandma Luvs2DP said...

Beautiful stitching Joyce!! Congrats on winning the charts!Your granddaughter is a beautiful young lady good luck to her in her junior year. I think that's awesome your sorority meets and keeps the friendship bond going! Great Update!

Von said...

Wow! Finishes and great progress on your other wips, Joyce! Way to go!

Anne said...

Everything is so nice Joyce! Happy Stitching! :) Love the stocking!

Tiffstitch said...

Congrats on so many finishes! Plus great work on the rest and beautiful photos of your granddaughter. :)

Denise SA said...

Looks like you have been very busy enjoying life. Hugs

diamondc said...

What great choices to stitch, and so many finish's, lucky you, I am only able to keep one or two projects going, or my mind might blow up giggles.
Congratulations too your Granddaughter, time does fly by so quickly.
What a lucky group of Ladies, to have a friendship going for so many years after graduation.

Blessings
Catherine