Followers

Sunday, July 17, 2016

Hello from Texas with a Blog Update

Hello from hot and dry Texas. First, June brought us rain with flooding and now in July we are having 90 degrees daily with no rain. With it being so hot, it is a good time to stay in and stitch and craft. I have completed another ornament that will be gifted to me and made progress on other WIPs.
  “Six Little Cardinals” Ornament -#6  2012 Ornament Series-Littlehouse Needleworks
   The background fabric is what I used for the back of the pillow ornament.

 July Cowboy Snowman- Snowman Series–Vermillion-
       October  Weather Poems-Sue Cook-Britian’s #1 Crossstitch Magazine-2000 issues

  Snowman and Friends Christmas Stocking – Gold Collection Kit

 “June” Calendar Girl Series-Littlehouse Needleworks
      Poinsettia – The Prairie Schooler, Inc.(freebie on their website.) This is being stitched on a kitchen towels

I have also being trying out markers and colored pencils on greeting cards. I got a rose stamp that I really like. So here are my first attempt with the stamp, markers and pencils. I always leave room for what ever occasion I am using the card for.
I also have to show off some pictures of my granddaughter(16) who received her Lone Star degree at the Texas State FFA convention in Dallas, Tx this past week. What a great group of kids. Her Mother was able to attend to see it.
 Mr. T(as he is called) is the ag teacher at Anna's Foster High School, Richmond, TX



Also enjoy our Lamar Consolidated High School Class of '58 every other month lunch.
We had 15 classmates, spouses and friends join us.
I think we look pretty good, as we all are in our middle 70's and very young at heart.
 
 
Have a great week and stay cool and safe with a lot stitching and crafting.
 
 
 
 


10 comments:

Denise SA said...

Wonderful stitching as usual

Tiffstitch said...

Nice updates and finish and congrats to your granddaughter!

Unknown said...

Love your stitchy updates.
Your luncheon looked fun.
Congrats to your grand daughter - well done!

Deb said...

Beautiful stitching!
Wonderful pictures!
Congrats to Anna! Well earned

Faith... said...

Great stitching Joyce and I love the cards you colored. Congrats to your granddaughter.

Shelly said...

Nice stitching! I admire your ability to stitch on several projects at a time. Congrats to your granddaughter on her accomplishments. A cousin's son is an AG teacher up in Oklahoma and involved in FFA. He enjoys it. Trying to keep cool!

Grandma Luvs2DP said...

Joyce awesome update!! Congrats to your granddaughter!! I love your progress on your stitching. Your luncheon looks like y'all had a good time!

Unknown said...

Lovely stitching and congrats to your granddaughter.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Congratulations to your granddaughter. A lovely selection of stitching.

Desiree Ehleiter said...

I love seeing all of your wonderful stitching! Congrats to your grand-daughter! Lovely! Try to stay cool!