Followers

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Weekly Update

Happy Sunday to all of you. Here in my part of Texas, it is hot(in the 90s daily) and we are having no rain, need some really bad. My Granddaughter, Anna, is doing so well with her riding. She is taking part in the weekly summer rodeos held by The Fort Bend Youth Rodeo. After 3 weeks with 2 more to go, she is in 10th place in straight poles, 15th in straight barrels and doing better each week in the cloverleaf barrels. Proud Grandmother, I am. Saturday morning, I enjoyed our monthly stitch in with 7 ladies. We did some stitching and a lot of visiting. Always a lot of fun. I did make some progress on my WIPs this week. Here are the pictures of the progress.
The Alphabet Samplings Book-With My Needle
Page 15/16
This group of letters are stitched using the Rice Stitch, a new stitch for me.

Snowman and Friends Christmas Stocking-Gold Collection Kit

Christmas Animals-Heaven and Earth
Page 1 almost stitched

"Silent Night" ornament-#5 2011 series-Littlehouse Needleworks

RedBirds Marie Barber-JCS nov/dec 2011
A few more stitches on the male redbird
 

The Halloween House-Ursula Michaels
SAL with Linda at http://bengelcatlover10.blogspot.com and others
A lot of stitching on the tree.

Also, stitched on another ornament for my next exchange.
Happy a great week and enjoy life to its fullest.
Joyce


9 comments:

Linda said...

Great progress as always Joyce. I just started backstitching the web around HH.

Linda

Anonymous said...

Hello Joyce

Lovely stitching progress.
Your granddaughter is doing very well, you must be a very proud grandmother!

Have a good week (:

Deb said...

Love all your work! sounds like your grand daughter is having a fun summer!

Vicky L said...

Great progress! Have a good week!

Shaunterria said...

Wonderful stitching on all of your projects - you are going to have a couple of finishes real soon :)

--shaunterria--ca11i0pe.blogspot.com--

Mouse said...

all looking good and congratulations to your GD too on her riding :) love mouse xxxxx

SoCal Debbie said...

Great progress on everything, Joyce! The Alphabet Book is almost done! I would like to stitch the HAED Christmas Animals some day. Your Halloween House and Red Birds look wonderful!

Jo said...

great stitching Joyce and I love the stocking, it's growing really fast.

Anonymous said...

beautiful progress, love your Red Birds