Followers

Saturday, September 23, 2017

Blog Update of stitching and family

Fall is in the air somewhere. Here in Texas, it is still very warm and we are recovering from Hurricane Harvey and the flood. We were lucky and did not get any flooding in our neighborhood. Many of our friends did, so please keep Texas in your prayers. I have been stitching a little on my rotation and have even finished a couple of items. I have also started to finish the sleds from Sue Hillis(pictures next time. Our Fort Bend Country Fair starts the 29th of Sept and I have been getting items ready to enter. I also volunteer in the Creative Arts Department, which is also fun. I enjoy seeing what other are creating. Here are my two items that I have now finished.
1.     “May Bluebird” The Button Up Birdies #4- by Cathy Jean-The Victoria Sampler
September Weather Poems-Sue Cook-Britian’s #1 Crossstitch Magazine-2000 issues
Here are the WIPs in my rotation that I have stitched some on:
1.      “August” Calendar Girl Series-Little House Needleworks
      “Texas Coral(IndianPaintBrush)Flower”–The 12 Days of Texas Christmas Series -Redbird Designs.
     “Caroling Quartet” #3 Hometown Holiday Series-Little House Needleworks
I somehow started this "Caroling Quartet" twice, so I will make an ornament out of the second one.
      When Cardinals Appear – Blackberry Lane Designs
    Snowman Towel- Border Bonanza –Cross My Heart

Homecoming 2018 and SENIOR YEAR!! Seems like it is all happening so fast! Anna Miller We am so proud of you kiddo!! Have a great time tonight! Love you!!❤️❤️Mom and Grandmother
Theme this year is decorated overalls. Anna with help from her Mother did the coveralls and Mum made the Mum. Yes in Texas, large mums are in. The picture in the bacground is Anna as a very young child.




See you next time, enjoy this season of Fall
Joyce


7 comments:

Honeybee said...

Oh my goodness! I have been thinking about those homecoming mums recently and I was wondering if the tradition was still going strong. I graduated from a Texas high school 27 years ago, and ours were not quite that big. You could wear one on each shoulder and the streamers came down to about mid-thigh. Thanks for the memories, Joyce! :O)

blueladie said...

I so admire all your stitching. You are a force to be reckoned with! Congrats to Anna... enjoy your senior year!!!
Thanks for all the pics! Love looking at them. :D Cathryn

Deb said...

Holy cow, SENIOR!!! Congrats to Anna!
Lovely finishes! Good luck in the fair!

Mary said...

Love the Bluebird stitch and you have accomplished a lot of stitching!

Your granddaughter is a beauty! I have never heard of a mum before.I still quite don't understand what it is!! .I thought you were talking about the fall plants!!
Hope you get some nice Fall weather soon to enjoy. Mary

Grandma Luvs2DP said...

I love your finishes and your wips!! It's incredible how quickly they grow up!! Prayers for Texas, Florida, and the other hard hit areas!

DJ said...

What lovely stitching, Joyce! And the finishing is fabulous too! What a neat tradition with the Mums, very pretty and congratulations to your Granddaughter on her graduation! I have been keeping the Harvey survivors close in my prayers.

Claudette497 said...

Your finishes are adorable!