Followers

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Weekly Update

Fall is in the air. We have had heavy rain storms this week, but for only a couple of days. Our weather is in low 50s in the evening and only up to 80 during the day. I made a good amount of progress on some of my WIPs, also finished another ornament. Also, starting an ornament for the Friendly Stitchers ornaments exchange. Also received word that my exchange partner in Brooks Books received the ornament I sent, so will picture it along with the handmade card I sent.
The design is one of the panels from Snowflake Serenade by Country Cottage Needleworks.
I used beads to highlight  the snowflakes. and used red/white floss from Victorian Motto Sampler and the fabric is 14 ct light green aida.
I had found this fabric and have been using it to back ornaments. It is a mixture of Christmas designs.

Here are the WIPs I stitched on this past week.
The Library - Littlehouse Needleworks
I have stitched all the panels and door, now for the wording and bottom border.
Baked Goods ornament-#7 2011 series-Littlehouse Needleworks

September Weatherpoems-Monthly series in 2000 Britian's #1 Crossstitch Magazines
I stitched a row of white on the roof, which is hard to see.

Finished "Redbirds Rejoice" ornament-Blue Ribbon Designs JCS 2013 Ornament issue.
It will be a gift.

Have a peppery Texas Christmas" ornament-Red Bird Designs
Part of the 12 days of a Texas Christmas.
It will also be a gift.

Redbirds-Marie Barber JCS nov/dec 2011
Finished stitching the berries above the cardinals head, now for some more leaves.

Also, sent and received 4 Yearly Christmas ornament exchange ornaments, have received two back. I will picture them when all four are received.
Have a wonderful week and enjoy the upcoming holidays with family and friends.
Joyce
 
 

5 comments:

Vicky L said...

Wonderful progress! Your stitching inspires me.

cucki said...

Sweet sweet stitches...
Hugs x

Mouse said...

ooo you have been busy :) love the baked goods and the cardinal is coming along beautifully :) love mouse xxxxx

Deb said...

Beautiful! Lovely progress on your WIPs!

Jo said...

Great stitching Joyce, the Library is looking really good and love the Baked Goods.