Followers

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Weekly Update

I had a wonderful day on Saturday. I was part of the committee that planned our 55th reunion for our high school class(Lamar Consolidated) of 1958. We had 47 classmates and 25 guests in attendance.
We visited, talked and talked and enjoyed a great meal of Chicken fried steak with potatoes and green beans and a green salad. Then Peach cobbler for dessert. We had live music that played our great songs of the 50s. A photographer(my daughter) came and took a group picture and a lot of candid shots. She is putting the candid shots on a cd for us. We had 146 classmates and have lost 33. We still look great(well most of us) and enjoy a reunion every 5 years. Pictures to come.
I did a little stitching this past week and here is my progress on the WIPs.
The Alphabet Samplings Book-With My Needle
14 of 16 pages stitched

Snowman and Friends Christmas Stocking-Gold Collection Kit

The Halloween House Ursula Michaels
Finished the left corner and started the border

November Snowman-Vermillion

Silent Night ornament-LittleHouse 2011 series

Red Birds - Marie Barber
Stitched a few more stitches on the male redbird.
Have a great week.
Joyce


10 comments:

cucki said...

Pretty projects x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful stitching!
The reunion sounds great.
Have a good week (:

Jora said...

I enjoyed looking at your x-stitch projects and I really love The Halloween House!
The schoolreunion sounds great.
Happy Stitching! Joke (a.k.a. Jora)

Jora said...

I enjoyed looking at your x-stitch projects and I really love The Halloween House!
The schoolreunion sounds great.
Happy Stitching! Joke (a.k.a. Jora)

Rhona said...

Beautiful stitching! Sounds like you had a great time at your school reunion!

SoCal Debbie said...

Halloween House looks great! We're on the home stretch now! I love seeing the birds coming to life now. The November snowman is great!

Jo said...

great stitching, love the November Snowman, he's so cute.

Vicky L said...

So glad you enjoy your reunion. Beautiful progress this week.

diamondc said...

Hi Joyce: I love all your projects but the Red Birds is my fav.
Thank-you for sharing.
Catherine

Jennifer M. said...

Your WIP look great! That stocking is really amazing. :-)