Followers

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Weekly Update

First, I go to the doctor's on Monday Morning. Off with the cast and walking(I hope). What a past two months. Who would have thought a toe could give you so much trouble, but it is not going to stop me. With this surgery, it is going to help me later in life, so I will be around to stitch more of what is in my stash.
Even with a cast on my leg and using a walker, I was able to go and watch my grandkids in their latest Foster FFA progress showing their pigs. What a great day, Saturday. Christopher(17 and Anna(12) showed their pigs(Peaches and Shiner) in the same weight class. What fun watching brother and sister compete with each other along with several other pigs. End results, Anna won 1st with Peaches and Christopher won 2nd with Shiner. Then in Junior Showmanship, Anna won Grand Champion and in Senior Showmanship, Christopher won Grand Campion. All in all, what a great day. Now they will get ready for our Fort Bend County Fair the end of September. Here are a few pictures from the day.
 Christoper entering the show ring - Anna entering the show ring
 Christopher and Anna competing with each other and other
 It is so much fun watching the young people show their animals.
 Anna accepting her Grand Champion belt bucket for Showmanship.
I received the neatest package this week. I took part in a PIF this year and received my PIFpackage
from Magge Smith at http://stitchingdevotee.blogspot.com She stitched me a little pillow that is just so neat and pretty. Here is a picture of all I received.
I also take part in a quarterly ornament exchange with Christmas Ornament Crafters. I received two really neat ornaments made from bottle caps.
Here are pictures of my WIP progress while watching the olymics this past week.
The Alphabet Sampling Book-With My Needle(I have started page 10)
 Snowman and Friends Christmas Stocking - Gold Collection kit
 Texas - Sue Hillis (I have now started the Texas border.
 Libby Nora Corbett
 Yellow Rose greeting card
 Halloween House - U Michaels - Stitching along with Linda at http://stitchingwithmyfurbabies and others. I am on the last part of the green roof.
 Red Birds - M Baker-JCS nov/dec 2011 issue
Happy stitching and crafting and whatever life brings you this coming week.




8 comments:

Девушка с пяльцами said...

Oh, so many nice stitchings! I love them all!

Denise SA said...

Please congratulate your grandchildren on their wins. Lovely stitching as usual I so enjoy seeing your designs come to life.

Unknown said...

Lovely stitching and I just loved the animal, congratulations to your grandchildren for doing so well.

cucki said...

wow so many lovely stitching..love them all so much xxx

Rita said...

Congratulations to the grandkids.

I'll bet you'll enjoy having the cast off, esp. in this heat.

Beautiful stitching, as always.

RhondaWoman71 said...

congrats to the grandkids!!!!!! I know they are please with themselves.
you have quite a few WIP's all are looking great.
love the pop-top ornaments. what a neat gift idea

SoCal Debbie said...

Wonderful progress, Joyce! I love watching your updates every week.

stitchesnscraps said...

Lovely, lovely progress! Your grandkids are wonderful! Thanks for sharing all your stitching! ;)

Melissa J.